Sunday, January 12, 2014

Carpe Diem's 'only the first line'


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

I love to introduce a new Special feature ... titled "only the first line" it's somewhat similar with our Special feature "Make the haiku complete", but in this new feature the goal is to write a whole new haiku with only the given first line. The given first line must be used as given. For example as the first line is "cherry blossoms bloom" than you have to use that line as the first line of your haiku.

This new feature is based on a challenge the Dutch Haiku Association gave his members last autumn and I enjoyed it very much ... it wasn't easy and the written haiku were all so different. I think you all will like this new Special feature a lot.

Shimmering pebble

You may write a classical or a non-classical haiku with that first line it's all up to you. Well ... I hope you understand the goal of this Special feature ... so let us go do it ... here is the first line of the haiku you have to write.

shimmering pebble

Not so bad I think to write a haiku with this above line used as the first line ... so good luck ...

My attempt:

shimmering pebble
hidden between colored leaves
a little treasure


(C) Chèvrefeuille, your host


colored leaves


This episode of Carpe Diem's "only the first line" is now open for your submissions and will stay open until January 19th 11.59 AM (CET). Have fun be inspired and share your haiku starting with the first line shimmering pebble.


3 comments:

  1. I like your haiku, Kristjaan. This is indeed a fun new feature.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry I missed this when posted...
    a lovely prompt...
    My post for this is"
    http://siggiofmaine.wordpress.com/2014/01/19/carpe-diems-only-the-first-line-1-shimmering-pebble/

    Peace and love to all,
    Siggi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kris -- I signed up for email notices of this ... I tried to follow an earlier listed link to here, but got an error message. Discovered through Siggi's post ~~
    Lovely new special -- I am sorry I missed it. becca

    ReplyDelete