Thursday, January 9, 2014

Carpe Diem's "Use that Quote"


Good day dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

I am inspired today and have created another challenging special feature. I present to you Carpe Diem's "Use that Quote" in which the goal is to write a haiku, senryu, tanka or kyoka inspired on a given quote. And for today I have chosen a quote by Martin Luther King, the man who was assinated (as JFK was) in 1968. King had a dream ... he dreamed about being the first 'black' president of the US ... as we all know he didn't fullfill that dream, but his dream became true as Obama became president of the US.

Martin Luther King

His (King's) one-liner became one of most wellknown one-liners ever. I think you all know already which one-liner I mean. Yes ... that one.
Here it is to inspire you to write a haiku:

'I have a dream' - Martin Luther King

Here is my inspired haiku on this quote:

walking on pink clouds
dreaming about the first cherry blossom
today I saw the first


(C) Chèvrefeuille


First Cherry Blossom

Now it is up to you. Write a haiku inspired on the quote by Martin Luther King. Have fun, be inspired and share your haiku with us.
This episode of "Use That Quote" is now open for your submissions and will stay open until January 23th 11.59 AM (CET) and I will (try to) post a new episode later on that day.


1 comment:

  1. wow Kristjaan you have been busy. I scrolled down the page looking over each of your well thought out prompts. Again you are appreciated for the time and care you place in each prompt. Thank You!

    ReplyDelete